Thursday 3 March 2016

Something new for me, 3D printing lures

Been too long between updates unfortunately so I thought I would put up a progress shot of my current luring addiction, 3d printing lures. I have been working on these lures for over 6 months when I have the spare time. Don't know whether I will be able to get any decent paint on these before they are tested on Barramundi but don't really think it will matter.


Larger lure is 150mm and smaller is 125mm. Both designed to be slow floaters. Designed in CAD and then printed in ABS. Each contains a moving weight system for better casting and has internal rattles.

Should be interesting to see where this goes...

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3d printing lures is such a cool idea. I'm sure some crazy designs will be possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ben, yes the possibilities are endless. Very early days for me though, keeping it simple and see where it ends up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Blog, would you mind posting a pic of the bait before you assembled it? I have been working on a few baots to print also and was wondering about the rattle placement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Blog, would you mind posting a pic of the bait before you assembled it? I have been working on a few baots to print also and was wondering about the rattle placement.

    ReplyDelete